Harry Hope's Saloon

This blog takes it's name from the setting for O'Neill's The Iceman Cometh -- a lousy gin-mill; a smoked-out, greasy dive where the habitues have all landed, it seems, permanently. Their lives, in each case, are paralyzed by fear and laziness. Like my own.

Wednesday, October 06, 2004

Fact Check

I wish I had discovered this on my own ...

But I just heard on NPR's All Things Considered that when you click on the website mentioned last night by Dick Cheney in his debate with John Edwards, factcheck.com, you actually get directed immediately to georgesoros.com, the domain of a billionaire philanthropist whose site is titled "Why We Must Not re-elect President Bush." Type factcheck.com into your URL and see for yourself.

On top of that, it turns out Cheney was actually talking about a site called factcheck.org, which as of today carries the headline, "Cheney and Edwards Mangle Facts."

1 Comments:

At 4:42 PM, Blogger J. Goard said...

Yeah, I got it from Jon Stewart.

Too bad he didn't direct people to whitehouse.org or, better, .com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home