Harry Hope's Saloon

This blog takes it's name from the setting for O'Neill's The Iceman Cometh -- a lousy gin-mill; a smoked-out, greasy dive where the habitues have all landed, it seems, permanently. Their lives, in each case, are paralyzed by fear and laziness. Like my own.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Welcome New Member

In the august tradition of Scrappy Doo, Cousin Oliver and that kid who used to call Conrad Bain's character "Mishter D", I am happy to welcome my brilliant friend and spiritual brother Jeremy Goard to the saloon.

Jeremy's intellectual standards are high, and his voice and style are everything I have ever hoped for with this blog. I look forward - with relish - to the exchange in store. Here we go now, he and I, writing our little hearts out about politics, criticism, literature, film, philosophy, religion, philosophy of religion ... tragedy, comedy, history, pastoral, pastoral-comical, historical-pastoral, tragical-historical, tragical-comical-historical-pastoral ....

Mein Freund ... Wilkommen

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home