Harry Hope's Saloon

This blog takes it's name from the setting for O'Neill's The Iceman Cometh -- a lousy gin-mill; a smoked-out, greasy dive where the habitues have all landed, it seems, permanently. Their lives, in each case, are paralyzed by fear and laziness. Like my own.

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Don't I Know my Brother?

Almost just as I thought ... dude calls me up last night to tell me my name was not so much included in the list of familial flag-wavers for the sake of irony ... as that the flag-wavers were added for the sake of extra punch in a joke intended entirely for my benefit.

I love that kind of stuff. That's good quality humour.

3 Comments:

At 11:48 PM, Blogger J. Goard said...

I'm afraid I'll have to let you reach your own conclusions about this characteristically well-written piece.

 
At 5:26 PM, Blogger J. Goard said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 5:27 PM, Blogger J. Goard said...

Wow, dude, she's into Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Go for it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home