Harry Hope's Saloon

This blog takes it's name from the setting for O'Neill's The Iceman Cometh -- a lousy gin-mill; a smoked-out, greasy dive where the habitues have all landed, it seems, permanently. Their lives, in each case, are paralyzed by fear and laziness. Like my own.

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Six degrees of insomniac surfing

So, I'm on a Scrabble server and notice some kewl lyrics in this guys finger notes. He warns me that the group is "very emo". "Emo" is a rather nebulous musical term, of course, so I go to Wikipedia what for to look it up. There is a page-of-the-day on anarcho-capitalism. So I click on that, leading to an approximately hour-long surf session that goes like this:

anarcho-capitalism --> David Friedman --> Society for Creative Anachronism --> Rennaisance Fair --> Longform Improvisation --> (my thought: something that is the opposite of) --> David Mamet --> Homicide --> Murder --> Year and a day rule --> Jubilee --> Jubilee (comics) --> Generation X (comics) --> Generation X --> emo.

Aaaaaah. Much better than typing three letters to find what I was looking for.

1 Comments:

At 11:59 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I just bookmarked your blog. I will try to post often.

Do you think gas pricing is ever going to go down? I founds some gas saving tips at car rental discount coupon


Keep in touch :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home